Vietnam Strengthens Cooperation with USA, Germany and Thailand
Vietnam’s bilateral visit to the US, Germany and Thailand has taken place successfully along with many new cooperation agreements on trade, security and digital economy.
Updates of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s visit to Thailand
Morning of November 16, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc, his wife and high-ranking delegates took a flight to Bangkok for an official visit to Thailand and attend the 29th APEC Conference taking place from November 16 to November 19.
Updates on President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s official visit to Thailand
Outstanding discussions during President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s visit to Thailand:
- Both countries aim to balance and two-way trade turnover to reach 25 billion USD by 2025
- Together promote the “Three Connections” strategy: Connecting supply chains, Connecting grassroots economic sectors and connecting sustainable growth strategies
From the Vietnamese side
- The President suggested that Thailand remove trade barriers and create favorable conditions for Vietnamese agricultural products to be imported into Thailand
- Suggest that Thailand continue to support and create the best conditions for the Vietnamese community living in Thailand
Deputy Foreign Minister Ha Ngoc Kim assessed that the visit is meaningful and important for both countries, creating a new impulse for bilateral relations, and at the same time creating leverage for the economies of Vietnam and Thailand.
Successful Visit To Vietnam By German Chancellor
Recently, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz ended a two-day official visit to Vietnam from November 13 to November 14, 2022 at the invitation of Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh.
Results of the bilateral visit between Vietnam and Germany
The two senior leaders held meeting at the Presidential Palace and achieved good results with three signed cooperation documents. In addition, both countries also made important discussions and recommendations at the Vietnam-Germany Business Forum.
- Vietnam and Germany agreed to strengthen cooperation, develop sustainable economy, contribute to peace, security and development in the region and the world.
- Agree to take advantage of the Vietnam – EU trade and investment agreement (EVFTA)
From the German side
- Encourage German businesses to invest in Vietnam in digital transformation, green transformation, renewable energy, strategic infrastructure, manufacturing industry
- Wishing to promote the European Commission (EC) to soon remove the IUU ‘yellow card’ for seafood exports from Vietnam
- Wishing to maintain ODA, concessional loans and support Vietnam to develop infrastructure, Vietnamese – German schools, new metro line in Hanoi…
In the context of rapid and complicated changes in the international situation, the meeting between the leaders of the two countries strengthens the good relationship between Vietnam and Germany and brings positive economic expectations.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh Meets US President Joe Biden
On the sidelines of the 40th and 41st ASEAN Summits in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on November 12, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh had a meeting with US President Joe Biden.
Main content of the meeting between Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh
and US President Joe Biden
During the discussion, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and the President quickly agreed on a number of important issues, discussing the phone call and the upcoming visit to Vietnam by President Joe Biden.
Mr. Biden traveled to Cambodia to attend the ASEAN-US Summit and the East Asia Summit (EAS).
The meeting proves good diplomatic relations between the two countries, and at the same time opened up new opportunities and expectations in many aspects for Vietnam.